2 Strongest team on the paper, in the finals - should have created an all-around excitement among Indian cricket fans. But the Ongoing betting & spot-fixing controversy has ensured that the focus lies on things happening outside the field.
Though these two teams have the strongest teams on the paper, their journey over five seasons have been so different. One team has been able to produce a consistent strong performance - 2 titltes, 2 runner-ups and just once knocked out of the semifinals. The other team still does not have an IPL Tropy to its name. The match should offer interesting duels between players.
1. Johnson Vs Hussey
2. Bravo Vs Pollard
3. Dhoni Vs Malinga
4. Ashwin Vs Karthik
Believe the match would be largely determined by how long Hussey lasts and how he handles Mumbai pace bowlers.
CSK Probable XI:
1. Hussey 2 Vijay 3. Raina 4. Dhoni 5. Badri 6. Bravo 7. Jadeja 8. Morkel 9. Morris 10. Ashwin 11. Mohit Sharma
Expect the team to play the same eleven as the last match. Hope Albie is able to produce a strong bowling performance
Mumbai Indians Probable XI
1 Aditya Tare, 2 Dwayne Smith, 3 Dinesh Karthik (wk), 4 Rohit Sharma (capt), 5 Kieron Pollard, 6 Ambati Rayudu, 7 Harbhajan Singh, 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Rishi Dhawan, 10 Lasith Malinga, 11 Munaf Patel.
If Ojha is fit expect him to come in the place of Munaf or Rishi.
Most Dangerous Players:
1. Dinesh Karthik: After match-winning knocks in the early stages of the tournament, his form has dropped. But he would believe that he can make a difference to the team.
2. Pollard: Both his batting and fielding can change the game.
3. Mitchell Johnson: How CSK batsman handle him in the early stages would determine the match.
Though Smith produced 2 good performances in the last two matches, expecting CSK bowlers to have worked their tactics for him.
- General Trend is that the team rested better for the finals, generally do well. Advantage CSK from that regard
- Considering the controversy, expect CSK team to come all guns blazing in tomorrow's match.
- Expecting a team performance winning the game tomorrow for CSK - rather than an individual winning it.
- And Dhoni hitting the winning runs for the team once again.