Mumbai Indians have lost 2 consecutive IPL Seasons after dominating most of the group stages. If that is not enough, the team has lost eight of its 23 players to injuries and has only 14 players in the squad. Taking this extra-ordinary events into account, Mumbai Indians have been (unfairly) allowed to play 5 overseas players.
But the men in yellow would be in a happy frame of mind. They have won three consecutive tournaments. And the team as a whole, would be looking forward to put up another strong performance in Champions League.
CSK Probable XI:
1. Vijay 2. Hussey 3. Raina 4. Badrinath 5. Dhoni (captain) 6. Bravo 7. Morkel 8. Saha 9. Jakati 10. Ashwin 11. Bollinger
Mumbai Probable XI
1. Jacob 2. Blizzard 3.Rayudu 4. Suman 5. Pollard 6. Symonds 7. Satish 8. Harbhajan Singh 9. Yuzvendra Chahal 10. Franklin/Fernando 11. Malinga
Most Dangerous Players:
1. Rayudu: Without the guidance of Sachin Tendulkar, the team would need a single player to hold the innings together. Considering his performance so far, Mumbai think-tank would be expecting a lot from him in that role. But would Rayudu play with the maturity is a question that would get answered this Champions League.
2. Pollard: With the loss of so many players, we can expect Pollard to get a considerable time on the pitch - which is dangerous for any opponent.
3. Malinga: How Vijay & Hussey plays Malinga would determine the margin of victory.
Favorites: Home support makes CSK the favorites. But one explosive performance by Malinga or Pollard could end that pretty easily.