IPL Season 4 starts tomorrow with a bang. My website traffic clearly shows that the fans are eagerly waiting for the season to start. While others doubt the fan-reaction after the intense world cup, I am confident that this would be the best IPL Season so far.
And what a start IPL Season is going to have. A resurgent Kolkata Knight Riders (weekened tomorrow without Bret Lee, Brad Haddin & Shakib Al Hasan) will meet the world champions.
CSK Probable XI:
1. Anirudha Srikkanth 2. Vijay 3. Raina 4. Dhoni 5. Badrinath 6. Albie Morkel 7. Scot Styris 8. Jakati 9. Ashwin 10. Kulasekara 11. Tim Southee
KKR Probable XI:
1. Gautam Gambhir 2. Shreevats Goswami 3. Kallis 4. Eoin Morgan 5. Yusuf Pathan 6. Manoj Tiwari 7. Ryan ten Doeschate 8. Iqbal Abdulla 9. Laxmi Ratan Shukla 10. Jaidev Unakat 11. Balaji
Most Dangerous Players
1. Gambhir: The angry young man would like to prove that he is worth every penny the franchise paid for him. Without him holding the innings together, Kolkata Knight Riders would find it tough to pose an imposing challenge.
2. Yusuf Pathan: In a run-chase, never discount the match until this batsman is back in the dressing room. He is the most dangerous batsman in KKR line-up and has the ability to win matches on his own.
3. Eoin Morgan: I am betting that this KKR season would belong to Eoin Morgan. Hoping that he doesn't fire against CSK.
Favorites: Though Kolkata Knight Riders is lined up with all-rounders, Chennai Super Kings has a better balanced team on paper. So my bets are with Chennai Super Kings. (If Bret Lee, Shakib Al Hasan & Brad Haddin is playing for KKR, then there will be nothing between both the teams on paper).
Which team your bets are on?