Finally IPL Governing council have decided on the player retention policy.
Player Retention Policy
- Only 4 Players can be retained by any team
- Out of 4 players, maximum 3 Indians and a maximum of 2 foreigners are allowed.
- Retained players must have been part of IPL Season 3 and would not be part of the auction
- For a player to be retained, both the player and franchise have to agree.
- Irrespective of the fee decided between the player and the franchise, the total franchise salary cap of 9 million dollars will be reduced by fixed amounts
- $1.8 million per year for the first player retained
- $1.3 million per year for the second player retained
- $900,000 per year for the third player retained
- $500,000 per year for the fourth player retained
- So if a team retains the four players, it would have only 50% of the budget available - 4.5 Million USD
1. Dhoni & Raina are obvious choices for the player retention. I am sure CSK would put their best efforts to retain both these players
2. Albie & Dougie - Both these players have a very good chance of being retained. But their performances in Champions League would determine that.
Why Albie/Hayden & Dougie are not obvious choices?
Because i expect the fee for the foreign players to be rationalized in this year's auction.
Whom do you think Chennai Super Kings should retain?