In the intermediate three day rest for the team, the entire picture of IPL has changed. From a 2 way fight between RR & CSK for the final semifinal spot, it has become a five way tussle for 2 slots. In this interesting scenario, Chennai Super Kings play Deccan Chargers today at Nagpur. I am sure all the other three teams would be watching this game closely. If CSK win today, Deccan Chargers semifinal campaign comes to an end and If it loses, it is a huge setback for Chennai Super Kings.
Chennai My XI:
1. Hayden 2. Vijay 3. Raina 4. Dhoni 5. Albie 6. Badri 7. Anirudha 8. Jakati 9. Tyagi 10. Murali 11. Dougie
DC Probable XI
1. AC Gilchrist 2. MD Mishra 3. TL Suman 4. RG Sharma 5. A Symonds 6. Y Venugopal Rao 7. MR Marsh 8. RP Singh 9. PP Ojha 10. RJ Harris 11. Harmeet Singh
Most Dangerous Players
- Gilchrist: Only one batsman in Deccan chargers, who can outdo Hayden (that too, without a Mongoose bat). Just hoping that Gilchrist does not repeat his performance of Season 1. (To know what he did, read the gentleman show. Also it is time we see another 50+ innings from Hayden).
- Symonds: Fortunes of Deccan Chargers' batting would be decided on how they handle the last few overs. Like the last match, they would expect Symonds to blast opposition bowlers all over the park.
- Dougie Vs Gilchrist: If Dougie keeps Gilchrist in control or takes his wicket early, Chennai Super Kings would have won half their battle.
Favorites: Coming on the back of 3 wins, Chennai Super Kings are the favorites. But it would foolish to predict anything against a team that comprises Gilchrist and Symonds.