Again Chennai Super Kings' batting and team selection let the team down. Sometimes i don't understand why Fleming gets paid so much money when he can't make those simple right decisions. Another season in which our fates would be decided only in the last match.
1. Dougie & Ashwin: Another match in which Ashwin and Bollinger bowled beautifully in the first few overs and brought the contest on even terms after a shoddy display by batsmen. Thanks to their effort, our run rate has not suffered much.
2. Badri: Just by staying till the end, Badri ensured that the team crossed 100 runs. His efforts also ensured that the run rate did not suffer much.
1. Dropping Murali: Again Fleming & Dhoni erred by dropping Murali. A poor decision magnified by the is pitch. 4 Overs by Murali would have surely won us the match today.
2. Dhoni at No:3: Again it showed that Dhoni has misread the pitch.CSK's best batsman of spin was out even before the spinner friendliness of the pitch was established.
3. Hussey: Yeah! Hussey did well in IPL Season 1. But his show so far has been pretty ordinary. How many more chances will he get?
4. Hayden: Another poor performance. Is it time to drop him from XI? But i still believe he would be crucial in the fresh pitch in Dharmasala and bouncy tracks of Bangalore.
But all is not yet lost. If the team wins against Kings XI Punjab, it is bound to qualify for the semifinals. But we would have 3 more nights of nail-biting - watching other teams and praying that all the matches goes our way.