Another IPL Season. Another Time CSK Qualified for Semifinals. To be the only team to have qualified for all the three semifinals deserves some special mention for the efforts of the team. But still I could not forget the Team's let down in the last year's semifinals. So it is very important that the team selects the right team and executes its plan properly.
A Tired Team:The team reached back Chennai only yesterday and were forced to travel today to Mumbai. So the team may not have much time to plan and practice for the semifinals.
Chennai My XI:
1. Hayden 2. Vijay 3. Raina 4. Dhoni 5. Albie 6. Badri 7. Badani/Anirudha 8. Ashwin 9. Jakati 10. Murali 11. Dougie
It is time to be brave and pick 3 spinners in the team. As showed in today's match between MI & RCB, the spinners were able to dominate the game better than pace bowlers.
DC Probable XI
1. AC Gilchrist 2. MD Mishra 3. TL Suman 4. RG Sharma 5. A Symonds 6. Sumanth 7. MR Marsh 8. RP Singh 9. PP Ojha 10. Vaas 11. Harmeet Singh
Most Dangerous Players
- Gilchrist: Only one batsman in Deccan chargers, who can outdo Hayden (that too, without a Mongoose bat). Just hoping that Gilchrist does not repeat his performance in last year's semifinals. (To know what he did, just have a look at last year's semifinal scorecard).
- Symonds & Rohit: Fortunes of Deccan Chargers' batting would be decided on how they handle the middle and the last overs. It is crucial that Chennai Super Kings take their wickets cheaply
- Dougie Vs Gilchrist: If Dougie keeps Gilchrist in control or takes his wicket early, Chennai Super Kings would have won half their battle.
Favorites: Thanks to the last five wins, Deccan Chargers are coming to the match with a lot of momentum. They are also the in-form team in the semifinals. But Chennai Super Kings has 'it' in them to stop the momentum. Surely it would be a very interesting match. If Hayden or Gilchrist find form, expect their respective team to coast easily to finals.