With this loss, Chennai Super Kings has lost four of the first six matches. To comfortably make it to the semi-finals, the team has to win at least six of the next eight matches. An uphill task for a. weak team. After this performance, everybody except Chennai Super Kings Fans would write off the chances of Chennai Super Kings.
1. Raina & Badri Partnership: It was good to see the partnership from Raina & Parthiv. Finally both got to show their talent. But a 190+ score could have effectively put the match away from the grasp of Mumbai India.
1. Team Selection: Why pick Parthiv when he has been doing badly? Why drop Tyagi after a good match? Why pick Perera ahead of Ntini? It seems as if the team rewards non-performance.
2. Medium Pace Bowlers: I still don't see the reason for bowling short when the pitch is on the slower side. How can all the bowlers bowl Full-tosses?
3. Fielding: Any team that gives so much easy twos does not deserve to win
4. Perera: It is time Chennai Super Kings send Perera and Gony to their homes.
Just the fact that Dhoni's captaincy can't inspire a win with such a good score speaks volumes about the team this season. Now the team needs a lot of luck (i.e. lot of matches to go its way) to have any chance of making it to the semi-finals.