Last year, all the pundits predicted Chennai Super Kings to be the favorites for the title. But the team fared poorly, thanks to poor team selection by Dhoni & Fleming. Hope the mistake is not repeated this year.
With just 10 days for the tournament to begin, it is time to choose the best XI.
Chennai Super Kings Best XI
- Murali Vijay: For someone who started playing proper cricket at 17, he has grown by leaps and bounds. His performance in this IPL would determine his future in ODI cricket. But Dhoni might pick Parthiv ahead of Vijay..
- Mathew Hayden: A batsman - all the teams would fear. If he repeats the last year's form , CSK would easily qualify for semis.
- Michael Hussey: A Very Tough Decision to pick him above the foreign all-rounders. But prefer a batsman who contributes 35 runs per match rather than an all rounder who is neither a strike batsman nor a strike bowler
- Suresh Raina: Expecting another great season from him
- Badri: Another opportunity to tell the world that he deserves to be in Indian ODI Squad. Hope he makes use of this opportunity.
- Dhoni: Prefer Dhoni as a No:6 batsman. .
- Albie Morkel: His performances in earlier seasons makes him No:1 All-rounder Choice for Chennai Super Kings
- Shadab Jakati/R Ashwin: After his performance in the last year's IPL, deserves to be picked ahead of Ashwin. But would pick Gony in seamer friendly tracks.
- Sudeep Tyagi: Has been knocking for an opportunity to be in the Indian Squad for a long time. Hope he makes use of this IPL to showcase his talent to Indian Public & Selectors.
- Balaji: Team would be hugely reliant on Balaji for his slow bowling in the final overs.
- Murali: Our Strike Bowler. Hope Dhoni & Fleming does not repeat the mistake of dropping him from the final eleven. Only Bowler in the Squad who will be commanding the respect of batsmen from other teams.
Write in your preference for starting XI in the comments