We have lost 2 out of 3 matches. While a lot of fans may give a lot of excuses like we were unlucky to meet the top teams in our first three matches, we played well but lost, etc. I don't accept any of them. With the potential this team has, it should have won both the games easily. But first let us see what went wrong:
- Pathetic Team Selection: Murali did not play in the first match; Ashwin never bowled though he played the match; Joginder Sharma still plays for CSK.
- Utilizing the Players Foolishly: If Flintoff is our strike bowler, why is he bowling at the death. Why Badri is playing lower down the order? Why is Dhoni going higher up in the order always? Why is Parthiv preferred over Vijay? Why is Balaji - a fine death bowler not utilized at the death overs?
- Defensive Mindset: A Lot of times, it seems the team plays with a very defensive mindset. CSK should not forget that they hvae promised the fans that they would be "Fearless Entertainers who play to win'
Thanks to Hayden, we lost both the matches with pride. But if not for Hayden, the opposition teams would have annihilated us. Hope some wisdom prevails and Fleming & Dhoni get their act together.
First Things First
- Ask Morkel not to rest on his last year laurels and start performing again
- Send Badrinath at No:4
- Let Dhoni come in at No: 6 or at No:7
- Open the bowling attack with Flintoff & Gony
- Give Tyagi a chance ahead of Joginder Sharma
- Use Balaji as a death bowler
- Bring Vijay in the place of Parthiv Patel
Hope somebody in the team listens to the fans. Otherwise, we will be watching Deccan Chargers repeat of the last season i.e. pre tournament favorites ending in the bottom of the table.
What do you think went wrong? What do you think should be done to rectify the situation?
Voice out your opinion in the Forum - Exclusive Chennai Super Kings Fan Social Network
If you are not receiving any updates about your beloved team Chennai Super Kings, subscribe to this blog through RSS or entering your email address below: