Another thrilling win for Chennai Super Kings. That too at the home of the strongest team in the competition (according to SONY commentators). Great going Chennai Super Kings. But rather than the win, seeing Chennai Super Kings getting their act together brought the most cheer to my heart. My only hope is that they continue this winning momentum.
- Strong Message: Removing Parthiv Patel, Joginder Sharma & Ntini was a master stroke since a strong message was sent to the team that continuous failures won't be tolerated. I am pretty much sure that when Parthiv Patel or Joginder or Ntini gets a chance to return back to the squad, their performances would be lot better.
- Bowling: Though DD's final score may not reflect that, our bowlers were bowling to a plan (Cramping the batsman by bowling at their legs - Negative Line). Though they sprayed and gave away wides, this tactic did not allow their batsmen to score sixes.
- Confidence: Last Ball win may provide that extra confidence and the very much needed momentum, which is crucial for this round of IPL
- Dhoni: Though a huge number of people may be surprised on seeing Dhoni receiving the Man of the Match award, I thought his innings was crucial since it held the whole innings together.
- Balaji: It was great to see Balaji back on the field. Though he has changed his action and has lost a few notches in his pace, he showed a few tricks on his sleeve. I am sure he could become a effective death overs bowler for Chennai Super Kings.
- Opening Partnership: Finally a opening partnership that fired. It was nice to see Fleming back in form. Hope to see much more vital scores from him.
- Morkel & Gony: Sixes
- Umpires: I don't understand the umpires' partiality against our team. Against us, they are always in a hurry to give fours as sixes, leg byes as wides, etc... At the same time, our batsman are given LBWs when they are clearly 'Not Outs'. It is time IPL creates a mechanism where complaints against umpires could be registered after the end of the game.
- Fielding: As Dhoni has already pointed it out, our fielding let us down today. I still feel we are missing that crucial 'intensity' in the field.
- Fifth Bowler: Not only in Delhi Daredevils, our fifth bowler is our weakest link. The fifth bowler(Amarnath/Kapugedera) leaked 50 runs in their quota of four overs. Hope they get their act together.