This was a match in which, all said and done, we were always going to be favorites. We did everything right in the first ten overs of our bowling – but let it slip away slightly in the second half. This is a bit worrying. I would have liked to see us bowling the opposition out for 120-odd and the performance of Morkel and Balaji yesterday with the ball left a bit to be desired.
In the batting department, the old habit of the openers of throwing away their wickets when there is absolutely no need continues to be a worry. Raina was really encouraging but what was most relieving was seeing MS Dhoni bat. This is perhaps the best and most free I have seen him bat since his fabulous innings against
So we take on
1) Gony – Fantastic spell first up
2) Murali – Though not at his best bowled much better than earlier
3) Raina – Finally saw the team through
4) Dhoni – Just the way he was striking the ball today was ominous
1) Morkel – Disappointing with the ball, adequate with the bat, but we can pass this off as just a bad day, he has been great otherwise
2) Fleming – Yet another waste of a start
3) Parthiv – Just when we thought he had turned a leaf in the last game he is back to his old ways.
Do we have a chance to go all the way now? I believe we do, I definitely believe we can beat
If this can be done, I think we will be able to finish off the tournament like we started it – as the best team! Good Luck Chennai !